Yes. You can get support for your child even though you were not married to the father of the child. It is done through a paternity action in court, and it is filed where the child resides. The paternity action is then served upon the father. The father will have 20 calendar days to respond, and then the court will determine the child support and also, if it is requested, the court will establish a time-sharing plan and determine how major decisions concerning the child will be made.