Well, if your spouse indicated that he or she wants a divorce, you’re probably very confused as to what your legal rights are in this situation. I strongly suggest that you contact an attorney and go over your options. If there are children involved, the attorney can explain what the custody rights in Florida are, what the requirements are in terms of paying child support, whether you’re subject to possibly having to pay alimony in your case or not, and also how the court is likely to distribute any assets or liabilities, and also to determine who in your case would most likely be the person that has to pay the attorneys’ fees and costs that would be involved in the litigation.